Leaching From Porous Metal Filter
Vacuum Cycling Nucleation (VCN) for internal cleaning of parts:
- VCN works inside tight offsets. On the initial vacuum air is removed from the internals of the part.
- On the initial pressure cycle fluid is forced into the void spaces within the part.
- On the subsequent vacuum cycles vapor bubbles grow inside the part and force fluid from the internals of the part.
- Reactant chemicals, soluble material, particles and surfactant micelles are purged from the part during this cycle.
- On the subsequent pressure cycles fluid reenters the part’s internals bringing fresh treatment chemicals.
- Cycling continues until the part is fully processed.
- The picture depicts the process.
- The video shows some applications.
VIDEO: INDUSTRIAL PARTS CLEANER FOR POROUS MATERIALS: The video shows screen wound in a 10” diameter roll producing a matrix of very small passages for fluid transfer. The screen comes from a stamping machine dripping with oil since it is wound immediately after stamping. The fluid is n-Propyl Bromide and the screen is made of copper.